Create & Delete Environments
Each new App in Humanitec is created with a default Environment called Development. You can add as many other Environments to the App as you need. Note, that the default Environment cannot be deleted without deleting the entire App. This section explains how to create a new Environment based on an existing Environment.
- Click on the + next to your existing Environment(s).
- Configure a new Environment via the Create new environment overlay window:
- Clone from - define which existing Environment you want to clone to create the new Environment. By default, Humanitec takes the last Deployment within the Environment you are cloning from to create your new Environment.
- Environment name - specific the name for the new Environment following your internal standards.
- Click on Create.
Example for the creation of a new Environment
After hitting Create, your new Environment is created. Note, that Humanitec does not automatically trigger a Deployment to a newly created Environment. So make the changes you might want to make in your new Environment and then hit the Deploy button to run your first Deployment in the new Environment.
Note, that in the Deployment history on the left-hand side you can see which Environment (and Deployment) your new Environment was cloned from.
Example for a newly created Environment
- Click on the three dots next to the Environment you want to delete.
- Select Delete from the dropdown.
- Confirm that you want to delete the Environment. Note, that this step cannot be undone.
Example of how to delete an Environment
The default Environment Development that is created for each new App in Humanitec cannot be deleted without deleting the entire App.