Manage App Members
Learn how to assign App level roles in Humanitec
Humanitec uses Roles to assign privileges to Users in a system. Roles encapsulate the granular permissions that a User will need in order to perform certain tasks associated with their job. Each User can have Roles in specific Organizations, Applications, and Environment Types. Learn more about Role-Based Access Control in Humanitec below:
Existing organization members can be assigned application roles, which cover permissions that affect a specific App.
- The User who originally created the App will have the Owner Role by default.
- Developer and Owner Roles can only create, delete, or deploy to Environments with the Environment Type they have the Deployer Role for.
- An Owner will not be able to delete an App unless they have the Deployer Role for all the Environment Types used in the App.
- Enter the email address or name of the User to add in the text box at the top.
- Select a role for the User to add from the Role dropdown.
- Click the Submit button.
User Roles for existing members can be changed on the App Members list.
Add new app members