Connect your GitHub organization
On the Humanitec platform, apps are managed by organizations. Organizations on the platform are coupled with GitHub organizations. Users log in to the Humanitec platform with their GitHub accounts, and then they can deploy repositories that they have permissions to access in their GitHub organization account.
1. Remove third party restrictions
First, make sure that your organization allows third-party application access. To do this, go to your GitHub Organization settings > Third-party access and click “Remove restrictions.”
If you would prefer not to do this, you can grant organization access to the platform in the next step.
2. Admin registration: Register your organization with the Humanitec platform
When you’re ready to link your organization:
- Fill out the registration form.
- Go to your email inbox and click the link you receive from the platform.
- Click the Authorize with GitHub button.
- Complete the GitHub OAuth flow to authorize the platform to access your organization.
- You will be returned to the Humanitec platform, where you will see a list of your GitHub organizations; select the organization you want to register with the platform.
- Read and accept the required legal notices by checking the box at the bottom.
Once this process is complete, you will be logged in and taken to the home screen of the platform. From here, you can create your first app.
3. Invite other users
Once you’ve linked your organization to the platform, your organization members can fill out the registration form and register with the platform. The platform will offer them the option to join your organization during the registration process. Then, they can sign in to the platform with their GitHub accounts and create apps for the organization.